Henry’s Place is a non-denominational Christian Camp and Retreat Center. As such, our beliefs guide everything we do as an organization.
We believe that it is imperative to have unity in the essentials of faith, to have liberty with regards to non-essential doctrines and interpretations, and to let love govern all matters of agreement or contention regarding the faith. Pursuant to this, we hold that the following are key essentials of the orthodox protestant Christian faith:
- We believe that the Bible is the divinely preserved and inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16) and represents the totality of holy scripture. (Jude 3, Proverbs 30:6)
- We believe God is eternally and simultaneously one being in three persons: Father, Son, and Spirit.
(John 17:11; 1 Corinthians 3:16)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was, in the flesh, both fully God and fully man. . . and that he died for our sins. . . and that he arose from the dead. (John 1:1-14; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8)
- We believe that every person has worth as a creation of God made in His image, but all have sinned and fallen short of God’s perfection, making union with God by human effort impossible. (Romans 3:23)
- We believe that forgiveness of sin and the promise of eternal life are available to all people who will accept the free gift of God’s grace through Jesus Christ. (John 3:16-17)
- We believe that those trusting Christ should repent of their sins, confess their faith, and be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38; Matthew 28:19-20)
- We believe that the church is the community of God and the body of Christ on earth and exists to reach those who are far from Christ and to disciple believers. (Matthew 28:19-20) We believe that no particular church organization or human authority has exclusive or unique access to truth or divine revelation (Gal 3:28, Rom 12:5) nor is either needed as mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5)
- We believe that Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and redeem those who belong to him. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe that gender is determined by God (Genesis 1:27) and is evidenced by physical characteristics at birth and that marriage is a union between one man and one woman. (Matthew 19:4-5)
Any person working for Henry’s Place as a paid or volunteer counselor, teacher, or spiritual leader must agree to the above statement of beliefs. Henry’s Place facilities, programs, and personnel (working under the auspices of Henry’s Place as paid or volunteer staff) will not willfully act or be used to undermine or contradict the principles of the above statement.